About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:09am
Big, Red Hot-Button
If you plan on taking your prep and doing NaNo, or even if you plan on not finishing prep but still plan on doing NaNo, you need to listen to this. Mur pushes that big, red hot-button with this episode of I Should Be Writing.

She takes on the "kill your darlings" topic. Her challenge is that if you work on the same novel year after year (decade after decade) you need to put that book aside and write something completely new. She says it in her episode, and I completely agree, that if you have been working on the same story year after year knowing you will one day get it finished the story is most likely not very good. If you want to be a professional writer and get published, and make a living at it, you must work on more than one project.

Well, Mur does say it much better than I in her latest episode. If I hit a nerve then take a breath and listen to what she has to say. It's that whole tough love thing. I want to see you write the best story you can just as she does. You can do it, just try something new. It's something to think about.

ISBW #353: NaNoWriMo Primer 1  

Jedi Moose

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Big, Red Hot-Button
· 10-20-15 9:09am
by Jedi Moose
Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 11:18am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 12:56pm
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 1:33pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 3:49pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 6:16pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 7:10pm
by Jedi Moose
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-20-15 10:38pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Big, Red Hot-Button · 10-21-15 6:05am
by Jedi Moose

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online