About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2008 at 1:01pm
Re: Re: Day 15 Finished

Oh me either - I use to just start writing and see what spilled out on the page afterwards. And actually, I still do that. A lot. I find that works really well for short stories, but with longer stories (novels especially), there is an absolute need for an outline of some sort.

I've noticed as the characters flesh themselves out with the other activities we've been doing this month, the outline seems to just fill in itself. The characters know what to do and why they are doing it based on the sketches they gave me. I've actually had to change my outline a bit after doing the sketches, because what I originally had the characters would not do.

I agree - even if one word doesn't get written in Nov, this month has been AWESOME. I don't see how I won't be able to get a novel out of what we have done even up to this point. *Wink*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 15 Finished · 10-14-08 10:14am
by Dawn J. Stevens
Re: Day 15 Finished · 10-14-08 10:41am
by justme
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Day 15 Finished · 10-14-08 1:01pm
by Dawn J. Stevens
Re: Re: Day 15 Finished · 10-14-08 2:47pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online