About This Author
BattywynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2008 at 6:59pm
Re: day 15 done
by justme
Don't get discouraged. Take time to listen to how your character responds to your yelling... is it what she really wants? Maybe she's trying to tell you she's a little scared of what the future could hold with this person... maybe she needs some coaxing, or she's waiting for a sign. Sometimes my entire story changes because a particular character feels uncooperative with what I had in mind to begin with. When I hit upon the right scenario, they let me know and the words come faster than I can type.

Keep on pushing forward, but don't burn youself out... or your muse, for that matter. Burned out muses are like burned out lightbulbs... they look useful until you plug them in on the darkest night, praying they'll light your path and get nothing for your effort. Take a deep breath, give your muse a nap, have a cup of coffee with your characters, and see how they respond. You're keeping up and we're only half way through the month so there's still tiime for all the snarles to get worked out. Change is part of the planning process, otherwise why plan? *Bigsmile*

Write on... feel free to contact me if I can be of any help.

Hugs,
Deborah

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"Invalid Item
MESSAGE THREAD
day 15 done · 10-16-08 6:30pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Exclaim*Re: day 15 done · 10-16-08 6:59pm
by justme
Re: day 15 done · 10-17-08 10:50am
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BattywynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online