Chat Forum for 15 for 15 Contest
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 11, 2010 at 12:40pm
Re: Quantum Writing
Interesting to add theory to the writing. Though I'd say Waltz makes an interesting point as well that adds to this in his response.

I love the short stories and if I'm judging a contest, I prefer the short ones that are well written. Emphasis on the well written, of course. I've had really short, not good pieces in my contests. On the other hand, I don't write flash fiction very well.

I mean, I don't write stories that are short and don't sound like a small section of a bigger piece. I've tried. And I like the idea of having the reader be able to fill in a story on their own, to create the rest themselves, but have found others reading it not to agree. Merl, who will be judging a round soon, write very short very well. And he can attest to my having too complex of story lines for flash fiction. And I might have learned a little on how to ramble from him... So, anyways.

Time and word count does have an affect on the outcome of the story. Some of these I'm good with the 15 and others I wish I could keep going but must stop to enter it in the contest. No matter what theory is put to the test or combined with writing this is fun.

*Bigsmile*

** Image ID #1669019 Unavailable **

Check out my writing blogs:
http://dawnembers.blogspot.com/
http://itsinthebookde.blogspot.com/

Thank you Harley!!
MESSAGE THREAD
Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 3:15am
by Hyperiongate
Re: Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 7:30am
by NickiD89
Re: Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 8:27am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 9:20am
by Travelin' Waltz
Re: Re: Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 10:01am
by A Non-Existent User
*Exclaim*Re: Quantum Writing · 06-11-10 12:40pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Quantum Writing · 06-12-10 12:24am
by Arakun the twisted raccoon
Re: Re: Re: Quantum Writing · 06-12-10 1:02am
by Dawn Embers

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, đź’€Legerdemaimđź’€.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online