About This Author
Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2010 at 9:16pm
Thank you
by Madi
*Dollar* 10,000 GPs were sent to TY and congrats Miss Potato! with this post.
Brooke, I would just like to echo the comments of other people here and say well done and thank you for setting up this forum. This is such an important issue and I think it's great to use every opportunity to raise awareness. Only if people accept and understand this huge problem will there be any chance of fixing it.
The video of Joel Burns at the council meeting had me in tears throughout. What a great man. It is crucial that more public figures stand up and say that prejudice, bullying and abuse will not be tolerated. And, of course, even more important is sending the message to vulnerable or vicitimised people that they are not alone.
I don't care whatever pathetic prejudices some people may choose to have - the bottom line is that any kind of abuse (no matter how great or small) that affects someone so badly they want to end their own life, is absolutely unforgivable.
Thank you so much for doing your part to raise awareness of this issue. You absolutely have my full support.
xx
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Thank you
· 10-28-10 9:16pm
by Madi
Re: Thank you · 10-30-10 7:45am
by A.T.B: It'sWhatWeDo
Re: Thank you · 10-31-10 4:31am
by TY and congrats Miss Potato!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, TY and congrats Miss Potato!.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online