About This Author
Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 9, 2010 at 8:00pm
I understand suicide as I Lived through my husband's sucide
by A Non-Existent User
Summary of Life after Death
Have you lost a loved one by a tragic death and suddenly forced to walk through the shadow of that death, while searching for answers?
If you have, you are not alone. I know, I have walked this walk. This is the factual accounts of our family’s walk in the shadow, of our loved ones’ suicide, and I would like to show how we were able to come back to have a zest for living again, only with the help of God.
“Suicide” described by Webster, “One who intentionally takes his own life-destruction of one’s own interest and prospects.”
This interpretation may brand those that succumb to suicide as “losers”, or who are selfish and did not care. This leads those left behind; family, friends, relatives, caretakers, and loved ones to feel responsible for their loved ones’ act of suicide.
Many left with questions: “Why did we let this happen? Could something more been done to prevent it? Could we have taken better care and loved this person more? Could we have asked the doctor for treatment sooner? Did we cause them to die? We can go on and on with question. What are we, Gods? Do we think that we can change things? Did we cause their death? No, there is no way we can cause others to commit suicide (unless we strapped a bomb to them). Only the true living God can give life and take it away. It is His discretion.
Some people believe in the act of assisted suicide, and this may be their belief, but my belief is that suicide is not the right answer when we have a difficult time in our life. However, many who succumb to suicide- strongly feel that they are lessening the burden for their family.
We believe that our loved one, because of his torment and confusion- and possible cancerous brain cells, felt this was the best for his family. Being a child of God, we also believe that he asked for forgiveness that last second and God knew him, loved his heart, and forgave him.
After his death, God revealed signs that showed us that our loved one was indeed with Him in heaven, which will be included in this story.
Suicide statistics, warning signs, risks, and prevention measures along with help on how to deal with phases of grief using God’s tools and other survivors’ experiences and anecdotes.
Suicide, being the controversial subject it is, there are many different opinions about God’s influence to help. In our experience, we have found that we could not have walked this walk alone. I for one needed Gods guidance to get through this darkest shadow of my and my families’ life and to give us the zest for living again.
The prayer I have is that the message in this story will give you hope, help, encouragement, peace, and a zest for life again, as you may be traveling through this very dark, shadow of a tragic death.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
I understand suicide as I Lived through my husband's sucide
· 11-09-10 8:00pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: I understand suicide · 11-11-10 5:44am
by TY and congrats Miss Potato!
Re: Re: I understand suicide · 12-01-10 6:03am
by A.T.B: It'sWhatWeDo

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, TY and congrats Miss Potato!.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online