About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 30, 2014 at 4:57pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I Join In?

We're both idea-ists and writers, but in different ways.

We kind of balance on a lot of stuff - character development is something we're both pretty awesome at, and our narrative styles tend to be pretty symbiotic. But we've been writing together for over a decade, so we bounce off each other better and better all the time. I mean... even when we disagree, I guess we still known what the other is trying to say and where they're coming from, and we tend to be able to talk it through. This often ends with us realising that we're now saying the same thing. Thus, communication and compromise.

Same for how we do it. It's a matter of a lot of discussion and then we tend to end up writing individual characters - she'll be writing from Jude's POV and I'll write from Byron's - we'll share Aoife and most of the rest of the cast. Eventually we'll have to go back through and whittle this out. Writing from the third person limited and just bouncing arond isn't the easiest reading. So I think when we come to editing, the biggest job will be moving between voices using a third person omniscient narrator and free indirect style. That's the bit I'm really excited for with some of our other projects. This one is still very young, and we're writing it because we had these two stray characters that needed homes after creating them for campfires that were later abandoned.

There are definite challenges to it, not least the massive time difference, but we get there in the end.
MESSAGE THREAD
Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 7:18am
by Dr Matticakes Myra
Re: Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 7:56am
by Outasync
Re: Re: Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 1:36pm
by Dr Matticakes Myra
Re: Re: Re: Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 4:36pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 4:57pm
by Dr Matticakes Myra
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I Join In? · 09-30-14 7:57pm
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online