About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:40pm
Re: Male or Female?
I have written from both binary genders and I attempt to write in the area in between them. I'm not sure how successful I am at the non-binary, but in male and female I find a voice for the character and follow it through to the end.

I write stronger from a female perspective many times, but there are a few times that I can really find that male character. You already write male characters from the outside. You can slowly peep into their heads and work out the inner parts as you go. Take it slow and keep trying, and get feedback when you can from males (or whatever viewpoint is out of your comfort zone).

I always find that helps, to get that feedback and understand if my perspective is realistic. Also, study the guys around you. See if you can puzzle though their motives to make your characters stronger. You can also try to guess their actions in advance. None of them will be the character, but understanding men is the first step to creating your own male character from scratch.

And good luck!!

From my secret pal
MESSAGE THREAD
Male or Female? · 09-30-14 11:49am
by Shaye
Re: Male or Female? · 09-30-14 1:54pm
by Agape Novels
Re: Male or Female? · 09-30-14 3:08pm
by Lee Miller
Re: Re: Male or Female? · 09-30-14 4:31pm
by Dandelion Man
Re: Re: Re: Male or Female? · 10-01-14 11:23am
by Shaye
Re: Male or Female? · 10-01-14 7:03pm
by Jed Jones - banned novel
Re: Male or Female? · 10-01-14 7:20pm
by ⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites
Re: Re: Male or Female? · 10-01-14 7:54pm
by Jed Jones - banned novel
*Exclaim*Re: Male or Female? · 10-01-14 8:40pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online