About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2014 at 1:57pm
Re: Kind of excited!
I am STUPID excited! It was only this year that I decided to take writing seriously. Before, it was a steady background thought of "I should totally be a writer, I know I could write great novels!". Suddenly in April, I quit my crappy part time job after talking about it with my fiance who also thinks I'd be a great writer and he said he would support me. I started reading a lot of stuff online about writing and that's how I found this site and also learned of NaNoWriMo.

My goal was to use this site to hone my writing skills and to debut as a "serious" writer using NaNoWriMo as the impetus for my first attempt at a novel. I've met some really great self published authors on twitter who have pushed me through encouragement, and then tagged me in a "Meet My Main Character blog tour" at which point I was like "uh oh, I need to flesh out my main character!". I've also been tagged in what is called something like "The 7 7 7 challenge" that I'm going to wait until November to do. It's something about making a blog post that includes the 7 sentences starting at the 7th line on the 7th page of your current project.

But yeah, NaNoWriMo is THE goal I've set for myself starting early this year and this PrepMo is such a gift to me because it let's me "start" a month early and from the first exercise alone I know it's going to help me immensely!

PS: If anyone on here blogs about their writing and would like to participate in the 777 challenge, I would be happy to tag you in my own 777 post when I get to that point.
MESSAGE THREAD
Kind of excited! · 10-02-14 12:44pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Kind of excited! · 10-02-14 1:01pm
by Fancy
*Exclaim*Re: Kind of excited! · 10-02-14 1:57pm
by Lee Miller

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online