About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2014 at 12:23pm
Re: Re: Re: Help needed from someone who knows the New Yo...
Is the idea that one of them commutes to work in the City? The commuting area around New York City is wide due to transit systems being geared to NYC as a likely destination. Another reason to live within commuting distance of New York City is the cultural opportunities. Train, bus and ferry are all options.

Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Westchester are all possibilities. There's also Staten Island which is a borough of New York City.

You may want to look along train and bus lines for a likely place. Try looking at pictures on real estate sites to find what looks ideal. I can think of a handful of $1mil+ house towns in New Jersey. My town even has some on the shore front - with a fine view of the Arthur Kill and Staten Island LOL

Without knowing more, may I suggest Atlantic Highlands with ferry service to New York? Excellent views, and they've sort of tiered the roads on the shore-side of the town so layers of homes share the views. Ocean Boulevard works it's way upwards and is very picturesque. Lot of gingerbread porches so the fussiness with picket fences and roses would work. This house on Zillow has a group of 'view from the house' photos, I'm linking it for the view photos not the house itself - http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/318-Ocean-Blvd-Atlantic-Highlands-NJ-07716/392...

Also look in towns along the Hudson River, if you prefer them to live in New York state. Some of them have picturesque homes too, and they have some excellent views of the river while still being close to New York City.

Sharon from New Jersey
MESSAGE THREAD
Help needed from someone who knows the New York area · 10-04-14 9:22am
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Help needed from someone who knows the New York area · 10-04-14 3:10pm
by Shanachie
Re: Re: Help needed from someone who knows the New York area · 10-05-14 11:11am
by Jay's debut novel is out now!
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Help needed from someone who knows the New Yo... · 10-05-14 12:23pm
by Sharon.NJ
Re: Re: Re: Help needed from someone who knows the New Yo... · 10-05-14 9:19pm
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Re: Re: Re: Help needed from someone who knows the Ne... · 10-06-14 9:27am
by Shanachie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online