About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2014 at 4:25pm
Re: Re: Contest
I would suspect that I have similar criteria to Sarah. Especially when it comes to editing/grammar. I edit for a living so I'm not going to want to read something that is riddled with spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and that I need to stop and re-read every other sentence to get the meaning.

That being said, if you hook me and grab me with the story--I might overlook gross grammar issues to keep reading. But interesting and intriguing characters are a plus. A story that makes me want to ask you for more is a BIG plus.

I read a lot. I promote authors on my personal blog. So hook me and intrigue me. *Smile* I'm not going to judge you by genre or something like that because I'll read almost anything, but an interesting, well-told story? That will get my vote.

Medie

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." -Lloyd Alexander

"There is creative reading as well as creative writing." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

'You fail only if you stop writing.' 'Ray Bradbury
MESSAGE THREAD
Contest · 10-05-14 3:12pm
by Adrianna
Re: Contest · 10-05-14 4:08pm
by Sarah Rae
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Contest · 10-05-14 4:25pm
by Shanachie
Re: Re: Re: Contest · 10-05-14 5:45pm
by Cheddah
Re: Re: Re: Re: Contest · 10-05-14 7:47pm
by Shanachie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contest · 10-06-14 4:00am
by Adrianna

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online