About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2014 at 10:43am
Ugh... Help
by Rhonda

Okay, I have been planning an idea for my NaNo novel since May, actually I had hoped to start long before NaNo but life had other plans so I figured it would make the perfect NaNo novel. So I did my first weeks worth of assignments based on that premise. On day 2 of NaNo Prep I had this feeling come over me that I was telling the wrong story. That I should be writing a fantasy story. Now I do not watch, read or write fantasy in any shape or form so how or why that came to me I do not know. I had no idea what type of fantasy story so I just kind of left it alone for a few days and last night an idea hit me and now I have no idea what novel to pursue for NaNo.

I can stick with my original story which was a murder mystery called: Twin Justice about one twin being kidnapped by a human trafficking ring and ends up murdered rather than performing in the sex trade she was sold into. So the story is about her twin losing faith in the police who want to take down the ring leader rather than focusing on her sisters killer. She then decides to get involved and does her own investigation leading her to a crossroads. Is she capable of exacting revenge? Is she capable of using psy-ops techniques in order to get her revenge and still live with herself at the end of the day?

OR

I can write about this new idea which is basically three teenagers who suddenly find themselves in the midst of a murder investigation. Could one of them have done it? It was all just pretend right? I mean yes, they wrote about it on that new website "As It Should Be" but this had to be a coincidence! It had to be, otherwise the other things they had written would change the world forever.

"As It Should Be" is a website where misfits fit. It is supposed to be a creative place where teens can share what should have been rather than what was. An alternate reality if you will. The three teens shared their hopes, dreams and nightmares. Hayden finishes writing his story on-line and hits publish just as a power outage hits. He then finds out that the other things they put on the website have come true and that he and his group of friends are now being investigated for murder! He has to find access to the website, he has to find out if his last story published before the black out or if it failed, please let it fail ,because if it published and if they were right about every post becoming reality then it was only a matter of days and the entire world was about to change!

Hummmm if I go with number two I need to go back and do the prep activities for this new story line from the beginning again. Not to mention I had a full outline after completing a workshop on writing a novel in 30 days...what is a woman to do..sigh

Suggestions or thoughts on which I should proceed with and why....I think I will end up writing both at some point but deciding which to write first is the problem. Appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Proud Member of

*Star* My Groups *Star*

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Ugh... Help
· 10-07-14 10:43am
by Rhonda
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 11:29am
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 11:42am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 12:45pm
by Beck Firing back up!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 2:34pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 3:30pm
by Cheddah
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-07-14 10:31pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 12:25pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 9:53pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 11:05pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 11:43pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-09-14 12:46am
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ugh... Help · 10-09-14 1:05am
by Roseille ♥
Re: Ugh... Help · 10-08-14 4:07am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online