About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2014 at 3:06pm
72 Hour Rule Clarification Required
by Rhonda
I know you guys must be sick of questions regarding the 72 hour rule but I thought I understood it until I was declared no longer in the running this morning. I had read a couple of your clarifications for other members but never say anything like this. So if this is a repeated question asking for clarification my apologies. I am not doing Prep for the rewards, I am doing it to be prepared for NaNo. Being in the running was an added bonus so please know that I am not looking to create waves or even to get myself back into the running, I just need to understand

I am going to use my own scenario as the example. I had believed that I had 72 hours from the day of the assignment not the last time I submitted. For example I submitted two or three days worth of my assignments on October the 8th at 11:22 am. I had understood that for the assignment for Oct. 9th I had 72 hours from 12:01am on the 9th to submit that assignment which would mean that I had until 11:59 pm tonight to submit challenge number 9. Frustrating because activity #9 is done but I was going to post tonight the ones I have completed together rather than one at a time as I complete them. I will complete the log daily as I complete assignments now. Since my understanding is clearly wrong I would like to make a suggestion for next year.

Make a list of 31 challenges without using number/dates because it is misleading. Then state that members have 72 hours from the beginning of the activity to post their first completed item. Once they have submitted that first assignment they then have 72 hours from the date/time of their last post. This is what you appear to be doing this time around but by assigning numbers/dates it has seriously confused the matter, at least for me.

Please let me know if I now understand correctly. I appreciate the clarification.

Thanks,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Proud Member of

*Star* My Groups *Star*

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
72 Hour Rule Clarification Required
· 10-11-14 3:06pm
by Rhonda
Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 3:21pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 3:55pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 4:50pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 5:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 5:38pm
by Rhonda
Re: Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 7:25pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 3:47pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-19-14 10:18am
by Allie Gal
Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-20-14 7:11am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-20-14 10:43am
by Allie Gal
Re: 72 Hour Rule Clarification Required · 10-11-14 3:51pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online