About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2014 at 7:25am
Quaint Query Question
So I've defined the market audience; tick.
I've got the synopsis stitched together, needs some polish but it's all right; tick.

My main concern is the hook, or so to say, the compact, short description. I have no idea what to do.

The story I've brained out has got "three conflicts". One being a local one, the other a global conflict, and the third is the protagonist's choice between resolving one or the other. Then there's also the fact that there is a missing prologue I've decided to cut out and tailor into other scenes, with the background story slowly hinted out. But it's out there, and it's important for the conflict(s) and the resolution(s), so I think it should be somehow included.

I've managed to jot down something for the global conflict, but I can't even imagine what I could write about the local one, since I'm exploring it from three perspectives / points of view. *FacePalm* I feel like I should scrap the project and start over, but I grew to love the characters and the world in the meanwhile. *FacePalm*

The worst thing is the fact that I know agents and editors expect the writer to have such a sentence/hook ready. And I don't think they would accept a paragraph long circular block.

Please help me, I'm desperate! *Cry*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Quaint Query Question
· 10-28-14 7:25am
by Medvekoma
Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 8:09am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 9:08am
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Re: Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 11:01am
by Medvekoma
Re: Re: Re: Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 12:13pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 12:44pm
by Medvekoma
Re: Re: Re: Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-28-14 4:32pm
by Odessa Molinari
Re: Quaint Query Question · 10-29-14 7:51am
by Cheri Annemos

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online