About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 26, 2015 at 2:35am
Re: Signed up and looking forward to it!!!
In a nutshell, October is preparation for November. If you haven't done it yet, you want to get over to NaNoWriMo.org and get familiar with the November part. There's already some discussion beginning there on prep month, too.

NaNoWriMo.org is a worldwide gathering, but this challenge group on WDC is just one of many groups around the world doing prep activities. For example, the DFW Rhinos, the NaNoWriMo forum group for my local region (Dallas-Fort Worth), are discussing hosting "plan-ins", which are like write-ins but for prep work. Haven't decided yet, but I'm considering hosting one of these. There are also writing clubs, library-hosted events and many methods by which people prep on their own without a contest or local club or anything.

But you don't need to find one of those or do it yourself (although you certainly can) because you've already found us! This is a great resource and I hope you have fun participating in it. This will be my third year doing this challenge and it's been a blast.

Regards,
Eric Fretheim

"It is perfectly okay to write garbage-- as long as you edit brilliantly." ~C.J. Cherryh

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

“No, writing 50,000 words in a month is normal. You are not crazy. This is not insane.” ~Teri Brown

Cover for the serial "Irrelevant"  
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Sig done for me by bardgoddess.
MESSAGE THREAD
Signed up and looking forward to it!!! · 09-25-15 8:32pm
by Cadie Laine - Happy 24th WDC!
*Exclaim*Re: Signed up and looking forward to it!!! · 09-26-15 2:35am
by Eric the Fred
Re: Signed up and looking forward to it!!! · 09-26-15 7:07am
by Brandiwyn🎶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online