About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 17, 2015 at 3:27am
Edited: October 17, 2015 at 3:28am
Re: Re: Backstory of an Extremist
by A Non-Existent User
This is easy. He hates Hypocrisy. He was raised in a religion that had it in spades. He knows this group is extreme but at least they don't give lip service to feeding the poor then fire the preacher for doing just that. It's why I decided I didn't need religion. Spirituality sure but not religion. What ultimately got me was the defense that they were just human and made mistakes. Seems to me that if your going to punish the preacher for doing what your god dictates, then turn around and sin, then dismiss it with, I am only human you don't deserve to have a decent human being anywhere near you.

Can you tell Hypocrisy in Religion is a huge problem for me? It is a very believable idea. I know because I basically did it. I left one of the most Conservative religions known to man to embrace a religion that was the exact opposite. If you need help from either sides perspective I can offer it.

Actually you have three sides, here. The more hypocritical religions, the Goddess Religion and the Cult like religion he joined to get away from the Hypocrisy. He could have just as easily went with the Goddess but he was taught by his origioanl religion that the Goddess and her people were evil so that left him with only one choice. Sure he might have to burn his face off but its better than listening to one of the church elders complaining about giving money to a homeless family whose children are starving just hours after the preacher does a sermon on feeding the hungry among us. It's actually not crazy at all. Crazy would be staying in a religion after you realized that your the only true believer and everyone else just doesn't give a crap when there is a faith out there that will let you not only live without the hypocrisy but give you a physical manifestation of your faith. To quote Paul... "You show me your faith without your works and I will show you mine by my works."

That's all it is. He wants to be able to show people, to have people do as he does, and to never have to worry that what he says and what he does are two different things.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Backstory of an Extremist · 10-17-15 12:59am
by Professor Q
Re: Backstory of an Extremist · 10-17-15 2:40am
by ZombeeLuv
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Backstory of an Extremist · 10-17-15 3:27am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Backstory of an Extremist · 10-18-15 9:33am
by Cheri Annemos
Re: Re: Backstory of an Extremist · 10-18-15 4:00pm
by A Michelle feeling alive again

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online