About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 18, 2015 at 2:11pm
Finally figured it out!
Did you ever have a main character that you could never find a reason for people to really like? Me neither until this time around. Okay, the guy was in on an embezzlement scheme, but so was his boss. His boss's daughter is now after him. She wants money and retribution for her father's tarnished name (he has since killed himself). But I couldn't make Todd likable - and I need him to be! But, with this recent brainstorming activity, I think I finally figured it out. I thought I had it before, but it wasn't really convincing. He was trying to help his boss out - the boss had a huge gambling problem, and was losing everything. He needed more money and he concocted the scheme. He needed Todd to help him. Todd was being a nice guy and trying to help. So, rather than think about how wrong it all was, and how he was stealing from his clients and his company, he helped with the scheme. He did benefit from it, too, but not was much as his boss. Mwahaha. I think I finally figured it out!
Good Luck with NaNo All!
Beck

My Boiler Room sig by Shannon customized from an image she bought on iStockphoto.com

A sig I bought from Forsaken.

A sig from Forsaken's shop

A new siggy
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Finally figured it out!
· 10-18-15 2:11pm
by Beck Firing back up!
Re: Finally figured it out! · 10-18-15 2:15pm
by Lorien
Re: Re: Finally figured it out! · 10-19-15 9:36pm
by Beck Firing back up!
Re: Finally figured it out! · 10-18-15 3:48pm
by A Michelle feeling alive again
Re: Re: Finally figured it out! · 10-19-15 9:37pm
by Beck Firing back up!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online