About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 23, 2015 at 3:33pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations
by A Non-Existent User
I know what you mean Eric the Fred . I live in Toad Suck, Arkansas. I use to live a couple of miles from Possum Grape. Then of course there is my ancestral home of Romance, what use to be my great grand parents farm is now a theme park of sorts. You have to pay to go up and swim under the falls. The town I was born in is a combination of the two men who drove the last railroad stake there. Paraway and Gould so you ended up with Paragould. Then of course there is Corning, named after the Corning company that no longer operates there, Wiener, don't ask me why, and Goober because well you know they grow peanuts. The really funny one is Blue Ball. It's ever bit as bad as Toad Suck.

As to over used... The TV show Evening Shade was suppose to be based on Evening Shade Arkansas... My question... Which one? We have like four. That doesn't include all the Walnut Ridges and towns named after trees though... Black Oak Arkansas is the only no longer a town town I know of that was also the name of a band.

There are a lot more where that came from. Romance is probably my favorite though. The only reason it even exists as a town anymore is because of the post office. Every Valentines day people send tons of letters to the Post Master there so she can mark them all as being mailed from Romance. It even made the book "101 Ways to be more Romantic." Of course, my family use to live there and I have memories of Daddy taking us back to visit and having to cross this old wooden bridge that looked like if you sneezed on it it would fall down. So its special in ways other than just being the only Romance in the world.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** LOL
MESSAGE THREAD
Using real locations · 10-20-15 4:24pm
by ZombeeLuv
Re: Using real locations · 10-20-15 5:34pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Using real locations · 10-20-15 5:47pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Using real locations · 10-20-15 6:43pm
by Patrece ~
Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-20-15 7:13pm
by Lorien
Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-21-15 4:17pm
by ZombeeLuv
Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-22-15 10:07am
by Sharon.NJ
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-22-15 5:04pm
by Cobe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-22-15 6:21pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 1:03am
by Cobe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 10:59am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 1:34pm
by Eric the Fred
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 3:33pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real lo... · 10-23-15 4:31pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 3:52pm
by Sihaya
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real lo... · 10-23-15 4:29pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using real locations · 10-23-15 6:14pm
by Cobe

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online