About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 23, 2015 at 7:44pm
A couple of questions
Okay, I have questions about today's assignment and then some general questions about my novel.

1. My story is contemporary. So, all the laws and rules that apply now will be part of the book. It's my government in a town I am familiar with. It's a Christian Romantic Suspense, and I am familiar with my own beliefs. So I'm kind of at a loss what I need to do here.

I am continuing the research I have started about the city and area of my settings. My story is set in Asheville, NC where there is actually an FBI Resident Agency. It is located in the Federal Building, and I have the address and even got pictures of it from Google Maps. Should I be this specific in my novel as far as talking about the street and building? I'm talking just making references. I thought about how cool it would be to drive up there to do some research. It's only a couple hours away from where my parents live. I'm pretty familiar with Asheville. It's where I honeymooned. I wonder if the FBI would let me take tour of the office and answer questions about certain internal situations like Averill went through.

I also am thankful for the research prompts on here. It made me dig deeper into where in the FBI an agent would work to do what Averill Hightower does in my book. She would work in the Cyber Division of Violence Against Children Department. Sounds like a lot of bureaucratic stuff to me, but whatever, That will lend the book more credence.

Okay, I am going to have two sub-plots going on while the main plot is taking place. Should I do a mini outline for the sub-plots? I think it will help me to keep them straight. I'm doing the Excel type of outlines and database. It would be easy to separate it out. What is anyone else doing?

Okay, that's it. Just the things I've had on my mind.

Sincerely,
Marci Missing Everyone

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2056527 by Not Available.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Merit Badge in Friends of Phoebe
[Click For More Info]

*^*Heart*^*          
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
A couple of questions
· 10-23-15 7:44pm
by Marci Missing Everyone
Re: A couple of questions · 10-23-15 9:21pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Re: A couple of questions · 10-23-15 9:38pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: A couple of questions · 10-23-15 11:40pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: A couple of questions · 10-24-15 10:55am
by Shanachie
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A couple of questions · 10-24-15 11:13am
by Lorien
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A couple of questions · 10-24-15 3:23pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online