About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2015 at 5:50am
Solitary writer myth
In this last few weeks, I keep running into articles and webinars about the myth of the solitary writer. How writers like Hemingway relied upon a group of writing friends in a variety of roles and did not toil away alone.

With that said, I'd like to encourage you to look at the assignment log a bit closer. The second column and the second to last column contain our wdc and nano user names respectively. If you click on and follow the hyperlink on the nano user name, you can view that writer's nano profile. And more importantly, you can add them as a writing buddy so that you can easily communicate via nano.

I am new to wdc and I'm not sure what goes on here in terms of support for nano, but I believe that during the month of November, I intend to limit my non-nano internet wanderings to try to focus on my novel. I would love to add some folks to my buddy list and would invite you to add me.

Nanowrimo's executive director, Grant Faulkner, in a recent blog (link below) addresses this myth and he made an important point. Who else beside "your fellow writers can understand why you’re more concerned about a character lost in a netherworld of darkness than your own lack of sleep, or when you’ve reached a milestone that deserves the crashing of cymbals"?

I hope that via nano and wdc to make some lasting friendships to celebrate and commiserate.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/meduf

http://blog.nanowrimo.org/post/131493079366/3-reasons-why-the-solitary-writer-is...

Keep the words flowing and edit later!

Thanks,
Donna
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Solitary writer myth
· 10-24-15 5:50am
by NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️
Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-24-15 8:22am
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-24-15 1:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 12:51am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 9:07am
by Lorien
Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 1:54pm
by ZombeeLuv
Re: Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 2:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 3:06pm
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-26-15 4:27am
by ⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online