About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2015 at 1:04pm
Re: Re: Solitary writer myth
by A Non-Existent User
I want to say that yes in today's society where everything and everyone is connected, the idea of a solitary writer might seem like a myth. For me at this moment, it is a myth. I found I can be here using my hot spot on my phone. But, in the months I was barely here, depending upon trips to town for internet access... I was a solitary writer. Most of what I wrote while I was away has yet to see the light of day. We don't have a local writers group and even if we did my social anxiety would keep me away. For the first time in 6 years Conway finally has an ML for nano and I won't be going. I don't drive and the person who takes me everywhere is working. So, no Nano parties for me. Plus I don't actually live in that county so I feel a bit odd about going to the one in Conway when they have one for everyone else. It's meeting spot is a two hour drive from me. So that is out as well.

Without a writers group on a local level, What I have each year outside of Nano is all of you. If I can't get to you, then yes... I consider myself a solitary writer. Why? Because I know what everyone will say... My children if I can read it to them, due to content will say, "That's awesome Mom!" What else are they going to say... You suck? My husband will say "It's great for a... Which draft is this again?" And My two best friends one who lives in state and one that doesn't will both tell me the same thing. They love it! They are both avid readers but they don't write. So, I think I could write Satan is God over and over for 60 pages and they would tell me they love it. Neither of them wants to hurt my feelings by saying they don't love something. LOL

So yes, remove my ability to spend time online with all of you, and I automatically become a solitary writer.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Solitary writer myth · 10-24-15 5:50am
by NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️
Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-24-15 8:22am
by Noyoki
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-24-15 1:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 12:51am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 9:07am
by Lorien
Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 1:54pm
by ZombeeLuv
Re: Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 2:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-25-15 3:06pm
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Re: Re: Solitary writer myth · 10-26-15 4:27am
by ⭐Princette♥PengthuluWrites

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online