About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 30, 2015 at 2:51pm
Edited: October 30, 2015 at 2:53pm
Done!... or not.
I am done with the challenge! W007! And I'm ready for Sunday at the stroke of midnight!

Okay, not exactly. Yes I have completed the challenge, but my outline still needs more. I told myself early in the month I would not actually write the novel I am prepping during November unless three clear conditions were met:

1) I had the entire novel outlined down to at least the chapter level and,
2) I had at least the first half of my 50K outlined scene-by-scene (What I call a step-sheet. This is a term picked up from Les Edgerton's book "Hooked")
3) I felt it was ready to go.

Well, I do have an outline, but it is only at scene level for the first 10K at this point. And it isn't down to chapter level for the rest of the book, either.

So, tonight and tomorrow I'm outlining like mad, and if I don't make it, I'm going with Plan B. I've got my journal and mechanical pencil and 100% pantsed, hand-written fall-back position ready to go!!!

I will remain present in the forums here though. And I will continue working on my outline. I want to write this thing, I just want to do it the right way.

Good Luck everyone! And I'm not actually going anywhere. I'll be right back here this evening. While outlining.
Regards,
Eric Fretheim
Assistant Prep Leader, 2015 October NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge

"It is perfectly okay to write garbage-- as long as you edit brilliantly." ~C.J. Cherryh

“No, writing 50,000 words in a month is normal. You are not crazy. This is not insane.” ~Teri Brown

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Sig done for me by bardgoddess.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Done!... or not.
· 10-30-15 2:51pm
by Eric the Fred

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online