About This Author
I am SoCalScribe. This is my InkSpot.
NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 3, 2015 at 2:36pm
Edited: December 3, 2015 at 2:40pm
*Graph*2015 Results!
Here we are... the finish line! Time to announce some results!

Individual Prizes

Congratulations to Jordan Hill on winning a Determination Merit Badge for having the highest overall word count of any Write-A-Thon writer. Jordan wrote 200,050 words (*Shock*) which means he averaged more than 6,500 words a day, every day, and had enough writing output to win NaNoWriMo four times over! And just to put this accomplishment in perspective, Jordan wrote more words on his own than the any of the teams that finished in 8th-12th Place. *Shock2*

Congratulations also go out to Jordan's teammate ember_rain who wins a Fundraising Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Sponsorship Raised category with 339,676 GPs raised among all of her sponsors. This is her second consecutive win in this category thanks to some mighty generous friends and a very impressive word count!

And condolences go out to me, Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde? , for "winning" a Generosity Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Donation category with 396,228 GPs owed among all my writers. This is my fifth consecutive year winning this award, which I think is a pretty good indication that I need to find some less prolific friends... or at least start capping my donation amounts. *Laugh*

Team Standings

First Place. It shouldn't be any surprise that the Black Team is our winner this year; they were the front-runner all month long and had two team members post six-figure word counts. This wasn't even much of a challenge; the second place team ended up more than 150,000 words behind them! Their team had a higher word count than the 10th-12th Place teams combined! *Shock*
Total Word Count: 494,042

Second Place. The Brown Team managed to hold onto their second place position from the last Progress Report. There was one six-figure word count on the team, and three of the four team members wrote more than 60,000 words!
Total Word Count: 331,385

Third Place. The Blue Team had a resurgence that landed them on the podium after slipping down to fourth place in the last Progress Report. This was the only team this year to have all of its members cross the finish line, proving that slow and steady really does win the race (or come in third, at least *Pthb*).
Total Word Count: 280,487

And here are the rest of the standings:

4th Place: The Purple Team with 254,531 words (+1)
5th Place: The Red Team with 250,664 words (+4)
6th Place: The Orange Team with 245,494 words (+1)
7th Place: The Green Team with 237,002 words! (-4)
8th Place: The Yellow Team with 198,678 words (-2)
9th Place: The White Team with 194,114 words (-1)
10th Place: The Pink Team with 151,773 words (±0)
11th Place: The Silver Team with 133,294 words (±0)
12th Place: The Gold Team with 87,293 words (±0)

I'd like to give a special shout-out to the Red Team, who really put the pedal to the metal in the last week of the activity. They jumped from 9th place to 5th, and did so by nearly doubling their word count over those seven days! *Thumbsup*

Other Stats

*Bullet* 53 competing writers
*Bullet* 31 NaNo Winners (58.5% success rate... the highest ever for this activity!)
*Bullet* 2,493,179 total words written
*Bullet* The Write-A-Thon had a higher word count than the following official NaNoWriMo regions:
         *Countryus* Providence, Rhode Island (USA)
         *Countryus* Corpus Christi, Texas (USA)
         *Countryca* Quebec City, Quebec (Canada)
         *Countrygr* Greece
         *Flag* Egypt
         *Flag* Thailand

Funds

I'd like to give a special shout-out to ~Minja~ , who ran the amazing "Write a Thon Auction-Closed and donated an additional 1,055,800 GPs to this activity's coffers! *Shock* *Delight* *HappyCry*. Because of her generous donation, and the support of our own sponsors and donors, I'm proud to report that the Write-A-Thon's final take this year was:

6,180,386 Gift Points!

What this means:

*Bullet* Each 10% beneficiary of the activity will receive approximately 620,000 GPs!
         *Bullet* Each member of the 1st Place Black Team will receive approximately 175,000 GPs!
         *Bullet* Each member of the 2nd Place Brown Team will receive 50,000 GPs!
         *Bullet* Each member of the 3rd Place Blue Team will receive 25,000 GPs!

In Closing

Distribution of funds and remaining merit badges will be done by this weekend at the latest.

If you're a sponsor and have not yet sent in your GPs, please do so ASAP.

Thank you to everyone who made the "NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon possible this year. We wouldn't be able to do this without generous sponsors, competitive writers, and the support and encouragement of other members of the site. It's amazing to see what this community can accomplish when we band together and work toward a common goal. Thanks for everything, and I'll see you all next year! *Smile*

Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Logo for Senior Moderators - small

If you're interested in checking out my work:
"Blogocentric Formulations
"New & Noteworthy Things
Community Activities

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
*Graph*2015 Results!
· 12-03-15 2:36pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online