About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2016 at 1:18pm
Edited: October 3, 2016 at 1:20pm
Fantasy Character Creation - Rantish?
As was said within the Day 3 Rant of Waltz en France it's kind of hard to get some of those questions nailed down with a character that may be from another planet or in a Fantasy world. Education within a fantasy setting seems to be less math and more practical skills for them to use within this world you've created.

At least with mine, others may have fantasy characters who learn math. I haven't come across it yet but, who knows, it may be out there. I was surprised to read in The girl who played with fire that they were focusing on math equations. Which, of course, made me feel like. *Shock2*

And, let me say also, I love Fantasy books. But, I can't tell you how many of them I've ditched within the first two chapters or more because the character is whiny. They aren't proactive and it takes half the book for them to get going. *Headbang* If they ever do move past this

With that said I do try my best to get into as many of the questions that I can to get her built up from 'the ground up' you could say. I think with Fantasy/Sci-Fi our main characters are incredibly important but so is the setting. The setting needs to be a character in itself to draw the reader into space and place that they are inhabiting.

If this makes sense, I haven't had coffee yet. *Laugh*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Fantasy Character Creation - Rantish?
· 10-03-16 1:18pm
by SB Musing
Re: Fantasy Character Creation - Rantish? · 10-03-16 1:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Fantasy Character Creation - Rantish? · 10-03-16 1:42pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online