About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2016 at 11:55am
How to make the most of Free Writing
by Noyoki
When it comes to free writing, you don't have to go in it without a plan. Facing the blank page can be terrifying, so the best way to tackle it is to give yourself a topic to work with.

Here, check out my free write for today: "Invalid Entry

I started with a topic to get myself going. What I explored today were the different sentient species who live on the world I'm creating.

You can do the same thing. Pick a topic that applies to your book. Is there magic? What are the rules? Are you writing for a different time period? What are the areas where you think you'll need to do research?

Start with a broad topic, and you'll be able to extract at least fifteen minutes of wiring out of it.

One word of warning, don't let the topic chain you down. This is still a free write, and if you get a random idea that has nothing to do with what you're trying to work out, go with it!

Let your mind play.

Thank you,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."
-Stephen King
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
How to make the most of Free Writing
· 10-05-16 11:55am
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online