About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2016 at 3:19pm
Edited: October 5, 2016 at 3:23pm
Freestyle Selection
I don't think that I've ever outlined a story in my life. *Laugh* I have a thing about characters just telling me... what to do. So, I follow them around and write down what they tell me to say. They are the drivers and I'm the passenger brought along as a captive and hostage.

With that said, I wanted to go after Prep because there are details that I'd like to keep in line with each other, like physical features, and keeping track of it all. But, my favorite state of writing is freestyle since this is how all my writing seems to poof into existence.

I've been told that I'm the author so I have control over my characters. Then why, oh why, do I feel like they are pulling my strings 24/7? *Laugh*

I do like my strings being pulled by them. That's how I get to something being in black and white. I have been told that I can kill off a particular, pesky character, but those put the biggest smile on my face.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Freestyle Selection
· 10-05-16 3:19pm
by SB Musing
Re: Freestyle Selection · 10-05-16 3:47pm
by Gaby ~ Way behind!
Re: Re: Freestyle Selection · 10-05-16 4:35pm
by ℰ𝒯𝒞...
Re: Re: Re: Freestyle Selection · 10-05-16 4:40pm
by Gaby ~ Way behind!
Re: Re: Re: Freestyle Selection · 10-05-16 5:03pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Re: Re: Re: Freestyle Selection · 10-05-16 6:45pm
by A.J. Barretts

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online