About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2016 at 9:00pm
Re: Day 5 rant
Interesting analogy.

Well, I can tell you how I outline. First, I figure out how I want my novel to end. Then, I start from the beginning and write a detailed plot summary. Here's my beginning, as an example:

Paer finds out Kristoffer’s birthright. He sends Endrik after Kristoffer. Samira stands in his way. When Endrik touches Samira the energy released by their first meeting in a thousand years is too much. He passes out.

The children hurry to escape. On the children’s way back to their house they run into Miryam. Miryam sees their fright and asks what’s going on. When they have told her, she tells them to come with her. Miryam takes them into the Tower of Rose through a portal.

Miryam asks for Samira’s amethyst. Miryam shows them the shard of the crown. She tells the children the story of Galvanon. She then gives them a choice, find the crown and gain the power to equalize theselves with Endrik, or to succumb to his power.

Of course, this has some terms that directly relate to the story, but it's enough for me to understand what I want to happen. Then I can go back and flesh it out more later.
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 5 rant · 10-05-16 8:48pm
by Waltz en France
*Exclaim*Re: Day 5 rant · 10-05-16 9:00pm
by Raven Sharp
Re: Re: Day 5 rant · 10-05-16 9:09pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Day 5 rant · 10-05-16 10:00pm
by Raven Sharp
Re: Day 5 rant · 10-05-16 10:50pm
by Kate - Writing & Reading

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online