About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2016 at 9:25pm
Help! I need Plot Ideas!
My plot is kinda straightforward and I'm having a hard time coming up with plot points to work through. The free wriite/brainstorm showed me my plot is kinda weak in that it doesn't have a lot of twists and the ending is weak! But this story has been in my head forever so I'm not giving up. Here's the premise:

Emy, a clockwork/biological cat has been frankensteined by doctor/machinist Cornelius for his daughter Leigh after its stampeded by a horse in the street. The plans for her are highly sought after, for various reasons one being that my antagonist Drakkon wants to create military men that are hard if not impossible to kill but sentient. Leigh is my protagonist as she is the owner of Emy and also the holder of a secret clockwork heart! She is her father's lab assistant and very talented at that.

I'm having a hard time from here, I need to do a lot of research but that's not the issue. I need plot points, things for my character to go through. There are three minor characters that my protagonist will be interacting with that can cause conflict but I'm having a hard time seeing the plot points. There's her stepmother who wants to marry her off, her suitor whom is only interested in her for her looks and name, and the antagonist's lab assistant who is in love with her.

As I write this I'm realizing the reason I'm having issues is that my plot is complex, not simple. I think just writing this out helped, but if anyone does have suggestions I welcome them!

Serenity to you and yours!
Piratess Dawniebelle

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Help! I need Plot Ideas!
· 10-05-16 9:25pm
by Piratess Dawniebelle
Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 9:37pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 10:05pm
by Piratess Dawniebelle
Re: Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 10:17pm
by Raven Sharp
Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 10:35pm
by Piratess Dawniebelle
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 7:48am
by Raven Sharp
Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 10:09pm
by Raven Sharp
Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-05-16 11:04pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 12:59am
by Kalistra
Re: Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 6:44am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 7:31am
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 2:12am
by Piratess Dawniebelle
Re: Help! I need Plot Ideas! · 10-06-16 12:01pm
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online