About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2016 at 9:35pm
Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet
How do you all feel about what you've accomplished with the calendar as your guide? Have you figured out where your story is going to go? Are you more lost than you were when you started?

The Prep is a great way to put on "paper" your idea, premise, theme. This may be the hardest part of writing I have ever done. What is it I'm trying to say? What do I want people to know or learn about my story?

I've done this before. Once I started the process and after talking to my writing group as well as a workshop group I gave up. Because I couldn't tell them what the premise/theme was. What did my MC hope to learn? gain? grow? change? It took me a year or more to figure out. I had a great story and it was all there, I just didn't know it. I gave up.

When I wrote my 50K about a story I'd heard, I didn't bother asking all those questions. I had an idea, I knew where it was going to end and I just had to get it down. I completed the NaNo, a couple months later wrote the next 50k and the next year it was published.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, Don't be pressured in to filling out a daily requirement when you don't know that part of the story yet. Write what you do know. A conflict, another Character. If you can't revise your outline for the 4th time. Don't.

Thoughts?

Tina

Merit Badge in I Love WdC
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on nine wonderful years on WDC! Here's to many more years together. Hugs~Hannah ♥
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet
· 10-06-16 9:35pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 1:34am
by Elycia Lee ☮
Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 7:51am
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 1:33pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online