About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2016 at 7:51am
Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet
Agreed. The assignments are tools. Every story is different. Every writer is different. That's why there's only a fifteen-minute minimum. Some of these assignments could take hours - if you wanted them to. When I wrote my antagonist profile, I spent fifteen minutes just coming up with his name - looking at etymology websites, thinking about what I wanted his character to represent, to be like. So when the timer dinged and all I had was a name, that's what I logged in my Prep collection, because I need to flesh out a little more about the plot before I assign him strengths and flaws and an educational background.

We have freebie days, freestyle brainstorming, revisions, and related assignments. I fleshed out my antagonist a little more in the voice introduction, but not much. I have a background story to write next weekend, so if I haven't figured out more about him by then, I'll learn what I need to know from his story. And if that's not enough, I'll dedicate a freestyle brainstorm to him later in the month.

Cheers,
Michelle
MESSAGE THREAD
Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-06-16 9:35pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 1:34am
by Elycia Lee ā˜®
*Exclaim*Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 7:51am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Moving forward with a ball tied at your feet · 10-07-16 1:33pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online