About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:02pm
Re: Cultural Setting?!?
This one is super useful for fantasy/create-your-own-world, but I can definitely see how it might be difficult in a real world setting.

Maybe instead of cultural setting for the town/country you're in, you can focus on the cultural things your character is going to interact with. Are there family traditions that might come up? If it's a busy city, does your character jump into the nightlife or avoid it, etc?

Since your characters are kids, what are the group dynamics you're dealing with. Is one kid the "leader", how did that hierarchy evolve (I envision the old Saturday morning show "Recess", but I doubt your story is quite that... extreme)? Is there a school? what kind of school is it (affluent, low-performing, established teachers, good/poor after school programs or extra curriculars)?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

Merit Badge in Fantasy
[Click For More Info]

For your wonderful FairyTale book. Keep on writing Sarah! You are truely talented.

Kit Merit Badge in Friendship
[Click For More Info]

Sarah,   Thanks for taking the time to meet me at McDonald's when I was in Houston. Your girls are adorable! You are the very first Writing.Com member I have gotten to meet! It was nice to see you face-to-face! *^*Smile*^*   GOD bless you and your family!     ~ ~ ~ ruwth ~ ~ ~     Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
MESSAGE THREAD
Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:12am
by A.J. Barretts
Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:22am
by QPdoll
Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 11:45am
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:13pm
by QPdoll
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:17pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 2:27pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
*Exclaim*Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:02pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Re: Cultural Setting?!? · 10-07-16 12:59pm
by A.J. Barretts

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online