About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 8, 2016 at 12:04pm
Lost or just stuck in the plot, help!
Hi everyone,

I think I'm lost in outlining. Or maybe just stuck. My protagonist is silent. She's been yammering at me for weeks to write about her and now push comes to shove, she won't tell me her whole story.

Set in a medieval world with little obvious magic, Lai is a political hostage from a powerful family. She's alone in a hostile court and both Kings want her to spy for them and feed the other false information. She works towards bringing peace between the countries so she can go home. The war is caused by two religions warring, God and its church versus Mother Night and her demons. The demons are siding with the enemy court, Lai meets two of them throughout her life. *spoiler alert* It's turning into a tragedy. It ends with her sacrificing everything she does have as she turns to the demon world so she can be free, only to find there's just as much a pawn as in the human court.

Any ideas? It might just turn out this part has to be just the backstory and I'll write the story about after she turned into a demon.

Cheers,

Kali
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Lost or just stuck in the plot, help!
· 10-08-16 12:04pm
by Kalistra
Re: Lost or just stuck in the plot, help! · 10-08-16 12:10pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Lost or just stuck in the plot, help! · 10-08-16 12:24pm
by Kalistra
Re: Lost or just stuck in the plot, help! · 10-08-16 1:03pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online