About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 8, 2016 at 2:14pm
Re: Day 7 rant
by Noyoki
I agree, it's tempting to try and make a whole planet one thing, but a bad idea in the long run.

Right now I'm working out my planet. It's . . . different. Like our moon, its rotation around the sun has one side of the planet always facing the sun, and one side always in darkness. Normally, this would equal a planet unable to support life because the sun facing side would be too hot, and the other side too cold.

But, my planet also has a rather large moon that cuts across the sun side of the planet often enough to create a 'Goldie Locks Belt" where life exists. Because it's at able the equater, there's a similar climate throughout the life belt, but there will still be different ecological areas. A small mountain range cuts the living territory in half, creating a natural boundry for my two sentient species. There are deserts on either side of the living belt, where the shade is just enough for survival, but the sun is on it enough to dry up the water. There are two artic areas on either side where the border between the moon crossing and the dark side of the planet are. And there are no oceans. The whole planet is fresh water, with lots of lakes/rivers cutting through the land. So I can play with swamp areas, forests, mountains, deserts, and whatever else I might think of.

Thank you,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."
-Stephen King
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 12:12am
by Waltz en France
Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 12:18am
by SB Musing
Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 6:53am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 8:30am
by Storm Machine
*Exclaim*Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 2:14pm
by Noyoki
Re: Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 2:40pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Day 7 rant · 10-08-16 2:41pm
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online