About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 10, 2016 at 3:47pm
Re: Re: Re: The Muse is messing with my mind!
by A Non-Existent User
Several years ago my husband was watching something on the History channel. I don't remember what. I was trying to block it out while working on my prep assignments. I think this was the year I did the second version of my story. Anyway, the show pulled my attention with a name, Link Boy. I had my husband rewind so I could see the whole thing. Link boys were orphans in victorian england who made money for food by making by hand the wicks that go into lanterns. They then offered to light the way to the carriages of unsuspecting people leaving the taverns to head home. Often they lead them directly to highwayman who would give them a cut of what they stole.

So as the show is talking about that last part, I hear this voice in my head say, "That's the fun part of being a link boy." I could see him in my mind looking like a modern older version of Oliver from Oliver twist. He was insistant that I use him in my story. Now he isn't just in my first book, hes going to get a whole book dedicated to him and the vampire slayer hes in love with. Yes, he is a vampire, but then again, so is she.

So, right now he is what I am calling so many of my characters, a major minor character.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"October Novel Prep Challenge Group
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
The Muse is messing with my mind! · 10-10-16 2:28pm
by Sand Castles Shopgirl 739
Re: The Muse is messing with my mind! · 10-10-16 3:06pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: The Muse is messing with my mind! · 10-10-16 3:13pm
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: The Muse is messing with my mind! · 10-10-16 3:47pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Muse is messing with my mind! · 10-10-16 4:18pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online