About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 11, 2016 at 10:00pm
Instrumental music for writing - Setting the mood
Alright. If you want music while you write, I'm going to list some of my favorite mood setters.

Lukasz Kapuscinski. A really good guitarist. Even if you don't normally like the sound of the guitar, you should check him out (on youtube). His guitar has a different sound. It's somewhere between a guitar and a harp.

Adrian von Ziegler must be my absolute favorite. He composes deep music - some celtic, some, although I don't listen to this genre, heavy metal, and mostly instrumental. His music captures not only moods, but feelings.

Derek & Brandon Fiechter: these twins have the ability to set a mood in songs. Their tunes are sometimes very repetitve of a melody, but, I repeat,are good at creating a specific mood.

If you don't mind lyrics, check out Enya, a celtic singer. She records her songs to get them exactly how she wants them, and it turns out very beautiful indeed.

Other general searches/genres I have found preferable are classical music and fantasy music.

Of course, everbody has their own preference of music, or perhaps even write without music. These are my suggestions.

Goodnight WDC.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Instrumental music for writing - Setting the mood
· 10-11-16 10:00pm
by Raven Sharp
Re: Instrumental music for writing - Setting the mood · 10-11-16 10:16pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Re: Instrumental music for writing - Setting the mood · 10-12-16 12:03pm
by A.J. Barretts

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online