About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 12, 2016 at 10:52am
Re: Re: Re: Day 11 rant
Yep, me too.

I have 6 minors who matter. (Don't ask.)

One will be the foil (as Robert Waltzs aptly said it), or better, will play devil's advocate in the process that sets up the main obstacle. So, I need him to be as well defined as possible. The others, meh, not so much. I still need to decide how much they and their story will matter to the mains (I have two main characters, so they have each other).

I drew out the basics yesterday. (They exist, names, ages, idealisms, which one will be the comic relief, what they looked like, and that two of them will become romantically involved.) The rest will become more apparent as time rolls on, and I'll add more as I go.

For me, the secondary (minor) characters need fleshing out for continuity more than for development.

This whole experience has become invaluable to me, by the way. I'll never write any other way again.

I write because I am a better person when I spend a good chunk of my time with people who only exist because I made them up."  -- Leslie Budewitz

The members and Superstar Reviewers of "Cross Timbers Novel Workshop On Hiatis are thrilled and honored to share the news
that our new breakout contest, to run annually in September, "The Chapter One Competition. has been nominated!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 11 rant · 10-11-16 8:18pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Day 11 rant · 10-11-16 11:03pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Day 11 rant · 10-12-16 2:07am
by Kalistra
Re: Re: Day 11 rant · 10-12-16 5:31am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Day 11 rant · 10-12-16 10:52am
by Carol St.Ann
Re: Re: Day 11 rant · 10-12-16 10:28am
by Noyoki

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online