About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 12, 2016 at 6:04pm
Bonus # 14

Okay, so, I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read the bonus item for assignment # 14. I laughed because it was better than crying. I literally am not the type of person who can sit down at the keyboard and just let my fingers fly. I have to think, and think, think, bang head on the desk, sigh a lot, cry a lot, get frustrated, think a lot more before I can even write what the next scene is most of the time, cry some more after that and then bang my head again, a lot after that. Sometimes things come so easily, and other times (a lot more times than I'd like) I sit there and am completely blank. So, I googled the timer thing, set it off, and let it go for an hour and a half - and I literally typed 29 words. I just scratched out an idea for the story. Yes, even with every assignment we've done so far - I couldn't do it. Maybe it's because I'm a little ocd, and in my mind I don't officially want to write anything out in any official way (lol) because I want to start on Nov 1. Maybe I got scared. Maybe I just went blank and froze. Yeah, probably all those things. So, I made the attempt to do it, but I failed doing the bonus - so, I won't mind if you take it off of the tracking excel sheet, I deserve to have it wiped off.

BUT - I'm not discouraged. I know what I want to do with this story - it's more clear than ever - thanks to THIS WONDERFUL FORUM and everyone in it!!! I've been doing the work, and I've - amazingly enough - focused myself enough and planted my ass enough to get it out in writing!!! So, I'll keep doing it, and I'll keep plugging away, but, I can't make it official yet, not til Nov 1 baby! I'm going to psych myself up and get ready to become a keyboard monkey or keyboard jockey on Nov 1 - and build that anticipation with all my fellow writer compadre's up until that time!

Thank you guys - I would have bailed 11 days ago if it weren't for everyone here *Smile* God Bless you!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Bonus # 14
· 10-12-16 6:04pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Bonus # 14 · 10-12-16 8:29pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Bonus # 14 · 10-13-16 12:46pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Bonus # 14 · 10-13-16 2:32pm
by Dobie Mom

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online