About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2016 at 3:12pm
Day 15 Challenge - Background story
I'm not completely sure if I did the antagonist story the "right" way or not, but I do feel like I made some huge progress. You see, my story takes place in a world that I've spent quite a bit of time building already. I've written 2 short novels (one made it to publishing stage, the other I never got past the first draft) from two different character viewpoints, with my current story's main character the daughter of the main character from the first story. One of the antagonist isn't exactly a new character as he's been mentioned/responsible for some things in previous books, although never actually "introduced" him as an actual character. The other antagonist is his son, which is a completely new character.

So today (or rather, yesterday's assignment... had a teen birthday party happening half the day yesterday and all last night... trying to catch up now!), I've been working towards connecting the dots in all the stories. I did work on a "background story" and details I didn't have previously on both antagonist characters, but it's not in "story format" and a little late for the contest any way. I also had to add to my historical timeline (currently spans about 50 years) so I could factor in motives for characters, where they all were and what they were doing at what time, and how they all intertwine together in their little fantasy world. So I did mark myself as doing yesterday's assignment, even if it wasn't exactly "correctly" done.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Day 15 Challenge - Background story
· 10-16-16 3:12pm
by Dawn J. Stevens
Re: Day 15 Challenge - Background story · 10-16-16 3:23pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Day 15 Challenge - Background story · 10-16-16 4:02pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online