About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2016 at 8:30pm
Day 20 rant
So many things I want to have happen to my protagonist, and so little time in 50,000 words... too early to plan for a sequel, but there's a lot to pack into what now seems to be a very small space. Recently, I read someone else's NaNo from a previous year, and it only took me three hours. 50,000 words just isn't all that much, all things considered. I've written over 10K in one day before - special circumstances, though.

On a side note, I think I figured out one of the reasons I dropped out in previous years. I've done two successful NaNos with prep, and two or more unsuccessful attempts at Prep that led to NoNaNo. This possible reason is that on the unsuccessful attempts, I shared my Prep with other people. (I think there was also one where I dropped out for other reasons, but that was before I made it so work would no longer interrupt my writing and/or gaming time).

This time, I'm playing the cards close to the vest, and so far, I haven't missed a day or dropped out.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. Perhaps it's not just "laws and sausages" that no one should watch being made, but also story preparations. Because I know that if I'd made any of this one public, I would have self-censored my notes, which would limit my creativity.

It's not just that this one's headed for XGC territory and the others were no more than 18+ - it's a matter of waiting to show only the semi-finished story, not all the random ideas that went into it, some of which wouldn't even end up being used.

Celestial Nights II

C'=='==============>'
the pun is mightier than the sword
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Day 20 rant
· 10-20-16 8:30pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Day 20 rant · 10-21-16 8:59am
by Kalistra
Re: Day 20 rant · 10-21-16 12:17pm
by Eric Wharton
Re: Re: Day 20 rant · 10-21-16 8:40pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Re: Re: Day 20 rant · 10-22-16 12:22pm
by Quick-Quill

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online