About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2016 at 7:53am
Settings: 5 Senses
I'd like to share this question I got via email because others may be wondering something similar:

I'm working on tomorrow's assignment and have a question. The setting I've chosen to describe is a newly built house. Using the five senses has me scratching my head with regard to taste. The only thing I can think of is the taste of the air in the house. Do you have another take on it?

Thanks to QPdoll for the great question.

Remember that taste and smell are directly linked, so I think you're onto something with the air in the house. A newly built house would probably smell (and taste) like sawdust and fresh paint, yes? Kind of a mixture of pleasant and acrid.

Don't overthink it. The assignment is supposed to stretch your imagination, to really force you to place yourself in the setting. But nobody is checking your work, so as long as you spend 15 minutes trying to describe it with every sense you possibly can, you get credit.

Any further comments from the Preppers?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Settings: 5 Senses
· 10-28-16 7:53am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 8:13am
by MontyB
Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 8:16am
by Sharon.NJ
Re: Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 8:21am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 9:45am
by Sharon.NJ
Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 9:50am
by Dawn J. Stevens
Re: Re: Settings: 5 Senses · 10-28-16 10:12am
by QPdoll

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online