About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 28, 2016 at 2:27pm
When characters stop talking
So, I've had the whole of this month dealing with chatty characters. They have told me this, and that, and basically have shoved me around all over the place. I'm a willing participant because this is how I write. They lead the way, I follow, so I was writing down the plot points, outlines, all of that they were telling me.

Lo and behold, they go to near silence the past few days.

*Confused*

I'm sure I'll jab them with a cattle prodder once November hits. Maybe they're just passed out from talking so much. It just seems weird that's how it is with me and Novels. I go until about the middle part, then suddenly around the middle it's like they are wandering about gong, "well... you tell me. I think... over here? Maybe there? Not quite sure." *Laugh*

Anyways, this prep has been incredibly helpful and useful. I've learned things I didn't know about characters that have been with me for 10 years or so. Plus, had a new one randomly pop up.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
When characters stop talking
· 10-28-16 2:27pm
by SB Musing
Re: When characters stop talking · 10-28-16 8:29pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: When characters stop talking · 10-29-16 10:07am
by Sharon.NJ

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online