About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2017 at 5:11pm
Day 1 Rant
Ah, yes. That's what I did last year: Rants. I had to go search my name to remember, because while my superpower is laziness (bitten by a radioactive sloth, you see), my weakness is a crappy memory. (Radioactive goldfish, maybe?)

What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah. Me. My favorite subject.

So, this year I'm writing a sequel to last year's novel. I had an outline and everything charted for last year, and then the actual writing went off in a different direction. Which is fine; it turned out okay, and now I get to use some of the elements from last year.

Characters are mostly the same. Not even sure I need to introduce any new ones. But I went ahead and redid all the character desires and weaknesses for this year, because of character development and because my memory sucks.

So for anyone else out there doing a sequel: my suggestion is work the system as if from scratch. The lazy way would be to say "Oh, I did all that last year (or whenever)." Which, of course, I was inclined to do, but I made myself complete the exercise anyway.

Celestial Nights II

C'=='==============>'
the pun is mightier than the sword
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Day 1 Rant
· 10-01-17 5:11pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Day 1 Rant · 10-01-17 6:18pm
by Anders J. Miller-Go Big Red!
Re: Day 1 Rant · 10-01-17 9:08pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Day 1 Rant · 10-01-17 10:40pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online