About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:42pm
Day 18 Rant
Well, great. Now I'm at the point where I have too many scene ideas, and I'll have to cut some of them out.

I suppose I can always use some of them next year. After all, some of these were leftovers from last year.

Chronology. A lot of people handle it all wrong (in my opinion as a reader, of course). They go skipping around in what appears to be a deliberate attempt to confuse the reader.

I don't want to be confused. No, I don't require a perfectly linear narrative - Pulp Fiction is, of course, one of the best movies ever made, and it jumps around a lot. But Blade Runner is (objectively) the greatest movie ever made (don't speak to me about the "sequel;" I haven't seen it yet), and as far as I can recall, it's entirely linear.

If you do deliberately confuse the reader, and readers get confused, try not to get all smug about it. It doesn't mean you've won; it means the exact opposite.

Sig by legerdemain

C'=='==============>'
the pun is mightier than the sword
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Day 18 Rant
· 10-18-17 9:42pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Day 18 Rant · 10-19-17 9:10am
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Day 18 Rant · 10-19-17 11:55am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Day 18 Rant · 10-19-17 12:18pm
by Waltz en France

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online