About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:27am
Re: Re: Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothe...
by Shaye
I can see how the line between inspiration and plagiarizing might be tough to interpret.

It's said in literature, there are only 7 different types of story  . It's only us, as the writer, who make them unique.

You also haven't even written the piece yet. Once you start writing, you could find that actually, there's plenty of differences, you were just too focused on the similarities. I don't know your specific novel idea, or the show, but I imagine there's plenty to keep it different.

The definition of plagiarizing, is essentially copying and pasting sentences, paragraphs, whatever it might be, and passing it off as your own. If you've got your own characters, with different backstories, different relationships and different lives, you've got nothing to worry about. You might find this thread, http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?284350-Plagiarism-vs-Inspiration, helpful. *Smile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothers idea · 10-24-17 3:06am
by InkSpout
Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothers idea · 10-24-17 3:10am
by Shaye
Re: Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothers idea · 10-24-17 3:21am
by InkSpout
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothe... · 10-24-17 3:27am
by Shaye
Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothers idea · 10-24-17 7:27am
by Christopher Roy Denton
Re: Re: Genuinely inspired idea vs plagerizing anothers idea · 10-24-17 7:46am
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online