I am SoCalScribe. This is my InkSpot.
NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 2, 2017 at 1:43am
*Graph*2017 Results
by Jeff
Hi Everyone,

We made it! As another NaNoWriMo comes to a close, it's time to announce some winners!

Individual Prizes

Congratulations to kerrimiller for winning a Determination Merit Badge for having the highest overall word count of any Write-A-Thon writer. Kerri wrote 150,000 words, which is an average of 5,000 words per day, every day of the month! *Shock*

Congratulations go out to Carol, Bride of Writingstein for securing the Fundraising Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Sponsorship Raised category. With 405,015 GPs raised among all of her sponsors!

And condolences go out to me, Jeff , for "winning" a Generosity Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Donation category again this year with 713,333 GPs owed among all my writers. This is my seventh consecutive time winning this award... but this year some of you may have seen that Joey's preparing for the blow and I had a bit of a rivalry going, and my hat's off to him for making it a very, very competitive year. His 569,118 GPs will be the third most a donor has ever given to this activity!

Team Standings

Let's do this in reverse order. Here's how things sorted out:

12th Place: The Red Team with 112,254 words

11th Place: The Black Team with 127,726 words

10th Place: The Brown Team with 138,057 words!

9th Place: The Pink Team with 168,912 words

8th Place: The Yellow Team with 172,574 words

7th Place: The Gold Team with 189,284 words

6th Place: The White Team with 189,529 words

5th Place: The Silver Team with 206,565 words

4th Place: The Green Team with 225,825 words!

And now for the podium finishes:

3rd Place. With an adjusted word count of 231,970 words, The Orange Team narrowly edged out the Green Team by a mere 6,145 words to finish with this year's bronze medal. This ties the Orange Team's high-water mark, having previously secured a third place finish back in the 3rd Annual Write-A-Thon in 2011!

2nd Place. With an unadjusted word count of 254,952 words, The Blue Team secured the silver medal. This improves the Blue Team's best position; their best finish before now was a 3rd Place finish in 2015!

1st Place. That leaves us with this year's gold medalist... with a staggering adjusted word count of 337,588 words, The Purple Team blew the competition out of the water, delivering nearly 100,000 words more than the second place team! The Purple Team previously finished in 2nd Place in the 4th Annual Write-A-Thon back in 2012, but this is the team's first win in the event's nine year history!

Other Stats

*Bullet* 53 competing writers

*Bullet* 23 NaNo Winners (43.4% success rate)

*Bullet* 2,061,356 total words written

*Bullet* The Write-A-Thon had a higher word count than the following official NaNoWriMo regions:

The cities of Green Bay (Wisconsin), Chico (California), and Waco (Texas) *CountryUS*

The entire State of Nebraska (not including the metro areas of Lincoln, Omaha, and Chadron) *CountryUS*

The whole province of Nova Scotia, Canada *CountryCA*

The countries of Greece *Countrygr*, Chile, Pakistan, Taiwan, and Northern Ireland *Countryie*

Funds

I'm proud to report that the Write-A-Thon's final take this year was:

6,738,030 Gift Points!

What this means:

*Bullet* Each 10% beneficiary of the activity will receive approximately 673,803 GPs!

*Bullet* Each member of the 1st Place Purple Team will receive approximately 184,226 GPs!

*Bullet* Each member of the 2nd Place Blue Team will receive 50,000 GPs!

*Bullet* Each member of the 3rd Place Orange Team will receive 25,000 GPs!

In Closing

Distribution of funds and remaining merit badges will take place over the next week or so. If you haven't received all of your prizes by December 15th, please feel free to follow up with me directly.

I'll get the email out to sponsors with donation amounts and instructions a little later this weekend.

Thank you to everyone who made the "NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon possible this year. We wouldn't be able to do this without generous sponsors, competitive writers, and the support and encouragement of other members of the site. It's amazing to see what this community can accomplish when we band together and work toward a common goal. Thanks for everything, and I'll see you all next year! *Smile*

Jeff
Logo for Senior Moderators - small

If you're interested in checking out my work:
"New & Noteworthy Things
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
*Graph*2017 Results
· 12-02-17 1:43am
by Jeff
Re: 2017 Results · 12-02-17 10:02am
by Joey's preparing for the blow

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online