About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:43pm
Onward to Day 4!
As a preschool teacher, I love pinterest.

Need an apple themed math activity? Pinterest has 1,274 suggestions to choose from. Want to find a few ideas for Christmas crafts and Thanksgiving place mats? Pinterest has them! Bored? My pinterest is a pleasant mix of teaching ideas and video game funnies (specifically, my Bioware RPG obsessions...)

And, if you search "story themes", lots of helpful little images show up. Which led me in turn to this article: https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/storys-theme/

I'll let you read it if you're interested, but if you'd rather refer to my cliffnotes (no promises they'll be what the test covers), here's how to sum it up:

The Thing Your Character Wants–the main story goal–is your story’s plot.
The Thing Your Character Needs is your story’s theme.

If you want to know more, read the article. I loved it. If that wasn't enough to pique your interest, I'll include this great advice the author gives:

"Don’t settle for safe themes. Look for dangerous, controversial ones. You want to make readers think. You want to ask hard questions–not the same old questions that are asked over and over again. True originality is always found in theme. The braver and more honest your theme, the more original and true your story will be."

So, yeah, if you thought picking your theme for day 4 was an easy assignment... it's not. Really take the time to consider your theme. It's pretty darn important.

*Books3**Books6* Sarah Rae *Books4**Books1*

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

Merit Badge in Newsletters
[Click For More Info]

For you work on the site's best newsletter *^*Wink*^*  Produced with months of notice and a wide and diverse topic...  [Link To User forestsage] Merit Badge in Cheerleading
[Click For More Info]

You've been an encouragement to your fellow writers in the  [Link To Item #1474311] ! Thanks for being such a cheerleader! Merit Badge in Determination
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on winning the 2012  [Link To Item #1474311] . You worked hard and deserve this recognition.  Keep writing, and good luck with NaNo 2012!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Onward to Day 4!
· 10-03-18 10:43pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Onward to Day 4! · 10-04-18 4:20am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online