About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:46am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling*
Since you asked, I'm happy to drag you down my rabbit hole, lol, but I'll start by saying that since my initial protagonist has become my antagonist, my theme shifted a bit.

The short version: Danicea (Dana to her close friends) is a newbie goddess who's not so new to being immortal. She's trying to do some good with her recently-discovered powers, so she's experimenting with the superhero gig, running to the rescue of mortals in trouble. Lily is a 10-year-old child who, along with her hostilely divorced parents, was supposed to die in an accident, but Dana saves her. The goddess intends to prevent Lily's immediate death but accidentally immortalizes the child who has thus far in life been the neglected pawn in a parental war over her custody and marital assets. The newly immortalized and very angry orphan goes on a rogue killing spree. Dana (who was infertile as a mortal) wants to fix it, so she tries to mother and nurture the child who's never been loved, thinking to gain her trust enough to get through to her.

...........spoiler alert.................

OBVIOUSLY the theme is, leave fate the heck alone or it will bite you. If Lily had died like she was supposed to, she never would have gone rogue in the first place. Which leads to only one possible resolution, given that Dana was infertile and probably never supposed to be a mom.

Personally, I would have used a sticker chart to reinforce positive behaviors, but my characters never listen to my advice.

Cheers,
Michelle

Gift from Blue Witch
MESSAGE THREAD
*mad cackling* · 10-04-18 7:24pm
by Professor Q
Re: *mad cackling* · 10-04-18 8:54pm
by Elycia Lee ā˜®
Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-04-18 9:56pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-04-18 10:16pm
by Duchess Laughing Lemurs
Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-04-18 10:28pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-05-18 11:16am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-05-18 11:26am
by Sarah Rae
*Exclaim*Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-05-18 11:46am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-05-18 5:43am
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-05-18 11:12am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Re: *mad cackling* · 10-06-18 12:31am
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online