About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 10, 2018 at 4:36am
Re: Working on Research for Tomorrow's Exercise
I've read a lot of m/m romance novels, some written by women, some written by men. I've also known a number of gay men. Generally speaking, men use the same signals, flirtations, etc. as m/f relationships. The important thing is for your character to do what is natural to your character. Some men act and react very similarly to how a woman might act. Some men might act and react very similarly to a man in a m/f relationship. It's an individual thing. My husband doesn't necessarily flirt the same way as my best friend's husband, you know? You can't say that all straight men flirt or show affection in the same way, and neither do all gay men. So every person and every relationship is different, and there are no wrong answers. But if it's helpful, here is some stereotyping for you:
- men are less subtle
- men are more likely to act than wait for their partner to act
- men tend to give more practical gifts. My husband once bought me a bag of washed potatoes because I hate peeling potatoes. That's true love right there. *Laugh*
- men tend to be more physical and more inclined to 'show their love' rather than talk about it
- men aren't always as gentle with each other as they might be with a woman

Happy to talk through any ideas or questions you might have.

** Animated Images For Use By Premium+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Working on Research for Tomorrow's Exercise · 10-08-18 9:12pm
by Vixey Todd
Re: Working on Research for Tomorrow's Exercise · 10-09-18 2:45pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Working on Research for Tomorrow's Exercise · 10-09-18 5:08pm
by Vixey Todd
*Exclaim*Re: Working on Research for Tomorrow's Exercise · 10-10-18 4:36am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online