About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 10, 2018 at 12:12pm
Re: Ugh!
What Saraā™„Jean said. *Bigsmile* Come back to it. If you've spent 15 minutes, you get credit. Sometimes you have to walk away and either wait for that 2am revelation, or wait for that revelation that will come when you're working on some other loosely related (or wholly unrelated) assignment. I was working on my climax and drifted off on a tangent. When I realized I was drifting, I inserted some spaces, wrote ***RESEARCH LATER***, then got back to my climax. Maybe you can do something similar since you can't research at the moment. Just stick to the brainstorming, organize your ideas the best you can, and make notes reminding yourself to research harpies / sirens / centaurs later.

I'd also like to add that since harpies, sirens and centaurs are (arguably) fictional, they can have any traits you decide to give them. Let's say you decide that a siren's call is heard in your head, not your ears, but later you learn that it's commonly accepted folklore that the call is actually heard in your ears. Who cares??? In your story, the call is heard in your head. You don't have to change it.

Cheers,
Michelle

Gift from Blue Witch
MESSAGE THREAD
Ugh! · 10-10-18 9:16am
by A.J. Barretts
Re: Ugh! · 10-10-18 11:20am
by Saraā™„Jean
*Exclaim*Re: Ugh! · 10-10-18 12:12pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Ugh! · 10-10-18 6:44pm
by Anders J. Miller-Go Big Red!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online