About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:27pm
Inspiration comes from...
The infamous "they" say "Inspiration comes from..." and you kind of fill in the blanks because there are more than a few sayings. Well, it did for me this morning, listening to a Nano video, "Nine Dares to get you writing now" (found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkRyJvDXdGg ). Well, one of those helped me sharpen up the beginning of my story. I was able to narrow down how I wanted to start, and using which characters, and it gave me an idea that made it more interesting than what I had - which was part of why I was panicking last week. Up until this morning, it was all very boring to me, and I figured I would be able to shape it up more with the development of certain characters and storylines. Well, when one of those items on the list in that video came on, it just slammed my muse upside her damned head and said "WAKE UP!, LET'S GET STARTED!" and boy was I off! So excited and happy about that, and I wanted to share it with you, in case it could do that for someone else.

Inspiration really does come out of nowhere, kind of like a defense guard - comes in, tackles your ass into next Tuesday and walks off leaving you lying there - stunned and wondering what just happened to you. Exciting!!!

Good Luck to you all! We CAN do this!!!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Inspiration comes from...
· 10-23-18 6:27pm
by Dobie Mom
Re: Inspiration comes from... · 10-24-18 2:42am
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online